General Terms & Conditions
1. GENERAL INFORMATION
GRAN CANARIA EDUCTATION & CROSS-CULTURAL EXPERIENCE, S.L., (“SPANISH COURSES GRAN CANARIA – ACADEMIA EL CAPITÁN”), B76282557 , C/ Obispo Romo 16 2B 35001 Las Palmas de Gran Canaria.
2. APPLICABLE REGULATION TO THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS AND CONTRACT APPROVAL
The present Terms & Conditions obey the Spanish Legislation R.D.L. 1/2007 November 16th and the General Regulation of the Defense of Consumers & Users (Ley General para la Defensa de Consumidores y Usuarios, Ley 7/1998, de 13 de abril). These Terms & Conditions apply to all contracts related to Spanish programs between GRAN CANARIA EDUCTATION & CROSS-CULTURAL EXPERIENCE and the customer.
3. APPLICATION, PRICE AND PAYMENT METHOD
The application takes place on the website www.spanishcoursesgrancanaria.com. The customer accepts these General Terms & Conditions by confirming the purchase of the course with the payment. The complete amount of the booked course (100%) will be transferred by bank transfer in the designated bank account of GRAN CANARIA EDUCATION & CROSS-CULTURAL EXPERIENCE, in a maximum period of 5 days after the online registration. If the customer does not confirm the booking with the bank transfer during this period of 5 days, the course reservation will no longer be valid and the customer won’t have any right for compensation. Once the payment is confirmed, the customer will receive all relevant information related to the courses and approximately 10 days before the beginning of the course information related to the accommodation.
4. CUSTOMERS’ CANCELLATION RIGHTS
The customer can cancel the contract within 14 days after the registration in the website having to communicate it to GRAN CANARIA EDUCATION & CROSS-CULTURAL EXPERIENCE within this period. The complete amount of the course will be reimbursed. After this period these Terms & Conditions will apply. After these 14 days the course booked cannot be cancelled and GRAN CANARIA EDUCATION & CROSS-CULTURAL EXPERIENCE, SL will not make any
reimbursement. The cancellation right of the customer will not apply once the course has already started.
COVID-19 CANCELATION CLAUSE – if a course can not take place or the student cannot
participate in it due to COVID-19 related reasons* the school offers the possibility to take the
course and accommodation at a later date (within 18 months) or to transform the booked course
into online classes. In case that this solution is not possible for the student, the full amount will be
reimbursed. The student must communicate to the school the wish of reimbursement within 14
days after receiving the school’s offer. Otherwise the offer counts as accepted.
*COVID-19 related reasons included in this clause: lockdown in Spain or country of origin, air
traffic lockdown between country of origin and Spain, COVID-19 positive students, legally
designated quarantine due to contact with COVID-19 confirmed cases, quarantine at the school.
Student will provide the necessary documents related to each specific case.
5. PROGRAMM CHANGES AND INCIDENTS
GRAN CANARIA EDUCATION & CROSS-CULTURAL EXPERIENCE commits to offering all services specified in the program booked. However, the following must be considered:
1. In case GRAN CANARIA EDUCATION & CROSS-CULTURAL EXPERIENCE is forced to cancel the program booked, GRAN CANARIA EDUCATION & CROSS-CULTURAL EXPERIENCE will reimburse the complete amount transferred by the customer.
2. It will not be mandatory for GRAN CANARIA EDUCATION & CROSS-CULTURAL EXPERIENCE to indemnify the customer when the program cancelation is due to cases of force majeure.
3. The minimum number of participants for all group courses is three students. If there are only one or two students enrolled on a group course the course will still take place, however, the classes will be reduced to 75% (two students) or to 50% (one student) since they are semiprivate or private classes. GRAN CANARIA EDUCATION & CROSS-CULTURAL EXPERIENCE decides if the course will take place in the morning or in the afternoon. This also refers to individual lessons. The class reduction does not apply for BILDUNGSURLAUB programs.
4. Classes on Bank holidays in Spain do not take place and will not be reimbursed from GRAN CANARIA EDUCATION & CROSS-CULTURAL EXPERIENCE. If two public holidays fall in the same week, then classes from one day will be made up.
Bank holidays 2019 - 1st and 7th January, 5th March, 18th and 19th April; 1st and 30th May, 24th June, 15th August, 9th September, 1st November, 6th and 25th December. Bank holidays 2020 (official final dates will be confirmed at the end of 2019 by the government): - 1st and 6th January, 25th February, 9th and 10th April; 1st May, 24th June, 15th August, 8th September, 1st November, 8th and 25thDecember.
5. GRAN CANARIA EDUCATION & CROSS-CULTURAL EXPERIENCE reserves the right to refuse admission, or dismiss a student, in the event of misconduct, unsatisfactory attendance or unsatisfactory work, without a refund of fees.
6. Travel and the cost of cultural activities are not included in the price.
7. Any complaint of the customer once the program has started has to be communicated to GRAN CANARIA EDUCATION & CROSS-CULTURAL EXPERIENCE who will try to offer a satisfactory solution immediately. If the offered solution is not satisfactory for the customer, the customer has a period of one month to report a written complaint to GRAN CANARIA EDUCATION &CROSS-CULTURAL EXPERIENCE. GRAN CANARIA EDUCATION & CROSS-CULTURAL EXPERIENCE itself will respond to this written complaint. within the period of one month. If the proposed solution isn’t still satisfactory the customer can carry out any legal action considered appropriate.
6. PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
By complying with the Data Protection Legislation (Ley Orgánica 15/1999, de 13 de diciembre, de Protección de datos de carácter Personal) GRAN CANARIA EDUCATION & CROSS-CULTURAL EXPERIENCE informs that all personal data of our customers will be held on a file (property of GRAN CANARIA EDUCATION & CROSS-CULTURAL EXPERIENCE), for all commercial and operative needs of GRAN
CANARIA EDUCATION & CROSS-CULTURAL EXPERIENCE. The acceptance of this Terms & Conditions implies the consent of the handling of this information for the specified activities. Furthermore, you have the right to access, alter and cancel this information in the terms specified by the applied legislation. Please contact therefore GRAN CANARIA EDUCATION & CROSS-CULTURAL EXPERIENCE, C/Obipo Romo 16 2B indicating “La Dirección” as the addressee or at the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. VALIDITY PERIOD OF THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS
These Terms & Conditions are valid for all bookings done during this present year.
8. CONFLICT RESOLUTION, CONTRACT LANGUAGE AND JURISDICTION
Both parts accept that the contract language is Spanish. A reliable English translation is facilitated by the school, even though the Spanish language will prevail at all times. (Términos y Condiciones en español). The applicable law of this contract is the Spanish law and the contract submits to the jurisdiction of the Courthouse and the tribunals of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria.
9. SPECIFIC CONDITIONS OF THE COURSES
The conditions of the specific course booked will apply (level, duration, range).
10. ADDITIONAL CLAUSES FOR ACCOMMODATION IN SHARED FLAT
- Cleaning: Every student is responsible for the cleaning of his own room during his/her stay. All roommates are responsible for the cleaning of the common rooms. It is forbidden to eat in the rooms, in the sofas and to leave food there. Students must use the kitchen or the dining room. The school cleans the free rooms and the flat before the arrival of new students.
- Neighbors & Hours of rest: Hours of rest are established between 22:00 and 07:00. During this time students commit to maintaining silence in the house. A respectful behavior is especially important in common areas.
- Deposit, Student’s Responsibility and Flat equipment: The school doesn't charge students a security deposit to ease the booking financially. However, the Student is responsible for any reparation corresponding to the applicable regulation in case the room is not left accordingly by the handover of the keys, as well as for any damage caused in the room or apartment. It is forbidden to move or change the equipment of the flat/rooms as also to stick objects on the walls or on pieces of the furniture. In case of losing a key, the student must refund it. This is also hold in case that the door lock must be changed.
- Visitors overnight are not allowed in the private accommodations.
- Responsibilities: GRAN CANARIA EDUCATION & CROSS-CULTURAL EXPERIENCE is not responsible for any damage caused to the Student by fortuitous cases or by force majeure, like damp in the walls, water leaks, short circuit currents, loosening of building elements, or damages that could be suffered by the apartment or its installations. GRAN CANARIA EDUCATION & CROSS-CULTURAL EXPERIENCE is also not responsible for any damage caused to people or goods by fire, theft, robbery or accidents of any type. GRAN CANARIA EDUCATION & CROSS-CULTURAL EXPERIENCE declares however that the apartment is adequately insuranced. On the other hand, the Student is obliged to not storage or manipulate any explosive, inflammable, unhealthy, illegal or dangerous materials in the apartment.
- Smoking: It is forbidden to smoke in the flat. If you are a smoker please use the balcony or smoke outside of the building.
- Drugs: Drug possession and consumption is strictly prohibited inside the house.
- GRAN CANARIA EDUCATION & CROSS-CULTURAL EXPERIENCE reserves the right to dismiss a student from the accommodation and the courses, in the event of misconduct without a refund of fees.